What is this new product and why is AYEM™ good for me?
AYEM™ is a breakfast bowl* made with protein and omega 3 DHA for your body and mind**. It combines high quality protein for maintaining muscle mass and omega 3 DHA for taking care of your brain**. Never before has it been this easy to get a meaningful helping of high quality protein, omega 3 DHA, and vitamin D in a single tasty portion.
* As part of a balanced breakfast. ** Proteins contribute to maintenance of muscle mass. DHA contributes to maintenance of normal brain function. The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250mg of DHA. One product contains 250mg of DHA. The product should be consumed as part of a varied, balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
It is available in three flavours:
- A low-fat, milk protein-based breakfast pot with almond, omega 3 DHA, vitamin D and a topping with goji berries, sweet dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds and almond slices.
- A low-fat, milk protein-based breakfast pot with blueberry, seeds, almond, omega 3 DHA and vitamin D.
- A low-fat, milk protein-based breakfast pot with pear, apple, seeds, almond, omega 3 DHA and vitamin D.
Why do we need protein?
Protein feeds our bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, skin and hair. The protein we eat supports our muscles’ maintenance 24/7/365. Our bodies can store fats and carbs but not protein, so it’s recommended we eat protein at every meal.
Why at breakfast?
Many of us eat lots of protein at lunch and dinner but not at breakfast. This is what we call the protein gap at breakfast. When we eat adequate protein throughout the day, it helps our bodies to regularly rebuild muscle mass.
Whey is the watery part of cow’s milk left over once the milk has been curdled to make cheese. As long ago as the 1700s, people have been consuming whey for its nutritional benefits. It is a high quality protein, containing the essential amino acids we humans need (essential because we can’t make them on our own, we have to get them through food).
Why do we need omega 3 DHA?
Omega 3 DHA feeds our brains: it supports maintenance of brain function throughout our lives. That’s where AYEM™ comes in: we’ve got the recommended daily amount in each little pot to help you get what your brain needs. And the DHA in AYEM™ is extracted from algae: a natural, plant-based, sustainable source.
Who is launching this new brand?
Click here for Our Story.
Where can I buy AYEM™ from?
You can buy AYEM™ from www.ocado.com
Is AYEM a yoghurt?
AYEM is not a yoghurt but a new type of breakfast option and cannot be compared with the usual products sold in the chilled aisles
Yoghurts follow a very specific definition –in summary, it is a milk base in which ferments are added.
In the case of AYEM, the base is made of almond paste – not milk – and we do not have ferments in the recipe
For our recipe, to have an almond base with a high concentration of protein and omega 3 DHA is real breakthrough– we have 5 patents behind our production processes. The very high concentration in protein is what explains the unique texture of our product.
Is AYEM suitable for people with lactose intolerance?
AYEMTM is not suitable for people who have intolerance to lactose.
Is AYEM suitable for people with allergies?
AYEMTM is not suitable for people who have an allergy to almonds and milk. See allergens below:
ALLERGENS: Almonds, Milk,
May contain: Gluten, egg (Almond blend only), peanuts, soya, celery, sesame, Sulphur dioxide and lupin
Does AYEM contain gluten?
There are no gluten containing ingredients on AYEMs recipe. However, the health of our consumers being the most important, we prefer to say that AYEMTM is not suitable for people with gluten intolerance as we cannot fully guarantee the exclusion of gluten coming from food products manufactured in the factory.
Does AYEM™ contain any GMO?
AYEM™ does not contain any GMO.
Where can I find the ingredients list and nutritional information?
To see ingredients and nutritional information, click here.
What us the amount of total sugar in AYEM?
The amount of sugar varies from 11.3g per bowl to 13g depending on the version you choose.
- Almond blend + seeds & dried fruits topping: 11.3g in each bowl (of 152g + 17g of topping)
- Blueberry & Almond: 13g in each bowl (152g)
- Pear, Apple & Almond: 12g in each bowl (152g).
We restricted sugar as much as possible in AYEMTM. It includes the added and natural sugar coming from lactose (milk), fruits, almonds and seeds.
Are there any sweeteners in AYEM?
There are no sweeteners in AYEMTM.
How many calories are there in AYEM?
AYEM contains from 156kcal to 213kcal per bowl depending on the version you choose.
- Almond blend + seeds & dried fruits topping: 126kcal per 100g or 213kcal per 167g bowl (incl. topping)
- Blueberry & Almond: 103kcal per 100g i.e. 156kcal per 152g in each bowl.
- Pear, Apple & Almond: 103kcal per 100g i.e. 156kcal per 152g in each pot or pouch.
What is the amount of fat in AYEM?
AYEM contains mostly fat coming from the almond and algae (our source of omega 3 DHA). AYEMTM is low in fat as all the flavours contain less than 3g total fats per 100g.
Depending on the version you choose, AYEMTM contains:
- Almond blend + seeds & dried fruits topping: 4.8g per 100g or 8g per 167g bowl (including topping) (Without topping: 2g per 100g, 3g per 152g bowl.)
- Blueberry & Almond: 2.5g per 100g or 3.7g per 152g bowl.
- Pear, Apple & Almond: 2.5g per 100g or 3.8g per 152g bowl
Where should I store AYEM™?
AYEM™ should be stored in the fridge between +1°C and +6°C MAX.
Where can I find use-by dates?
The use-by dates can be found on each pack.
Is AYEM™ suitable for vegetarians or vegans?
AYEM™ is not suitable for vegans as it contains milk proteins. AYEM™ recipe is free of other animal-based ingredients. Nevertheless, we cannot fully guarantee the exclusion of other animal-based ingredients coming from food products manufactured in the factory.
Where does the Omega 3 DHA come from?
Omega 3 DHA in AYEM™ is extracted from algae: a natural, plant-based, sustainable source.
Can the packaging be recycled?
The cardboard box and pot can be recycled but the lid is currently not recyclable.
Why is there a gap at the top of the pot?
This space is there to allow you add toppings directly into the pot.